Thursday, July 23, 2009

REAL MOMS REAL FOOD #30

Though I will admit that I made pancakes and smoothies for dinner with the girls tonight (Audrey made most of the smoothie and Morgan most of the pancakes) cause my sinuses are still in pain after three days and I just couldn’t think of anything else that sounded good, EARLIER in the week I was a bit more creative. Those PANCAKES were pretty darn good, though, and for those of you still using a mix, please try these. So easy and adaptable and no scary add-ins that you can’t spell – and I 9 year old can make them! But pre-sinus pain, I was Mediterranean-inspired by the heat and what’s gorgeous at the market and in the garden: cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash of many shapes and colors, bell peppers. I went searching for ratatouille recipes, which you can make seemingly any and all kinds of ways. I have sautéed in the past, but having my husband grill everything seemed like a good idea and I was a lot less sweaty for this meal GRILLED RATATOUILLE WITH CHICKEN. And the heat has had me thinking Greek as well, so hunted down a recipe for TSATZIKI as well as FALAFEL. These three meals made for a lot of great mix ‘n match leftovers! I won’t try to claim that Audrey tried everything, but Morgan did and loved it all. Except for the eggplant, which James didn’t go for either.

No comments:

Post a Comment