Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm on vacation, but...

Hey, check out the link on the left: Farmer's Market Contest. Local Harvest sponsored contest to vote for your favorite Farmer's Market!

I'm on vacation and forgot to bring my list of emails, so I won't be posting much new til mid-July. I did make a fabulous-if-I-do-say-so-myself BERRY GOOD PIE for Father's Day, so I am posting that recipe below, with an alternative pie crust recipe, too. And we had GOAT chops for the first time last night, from the Carrboro Farmer's market. I was out with the kids while James grilled them, I'll write more if he remembers what he did, but they were great. Like a mild lamb. Good and good for you!

Finally, after my food fiasco with Audrey last week, I do have to report that during a sleepover dinner, James and I (invisible because we ate at the counter while the girls and friends ate at the table) overheard my girls chiding a friend for not tasting the Spinach Souffle. "It takes 15 tries, you know, for your taste buds to get used to it" they chimed. James looked at me and said, "You're proud of yourself, aren't you" and I said, "I'm proud of THEM, my little proselytizers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment