Thursday, May 21, 2009

SUMMER VEGGIES COME EARLY AT JR ORGANICS

I don’t know if it’s the 100 plus degree weather we had in April, or if this is the norm for my CSA, but this week I got zucchini and basil in my box. Thus, the recipes below. I have to say, though we loved the GREEK ZUCCHINI CAKES it really felt odd to me to be cooking with zucchini at this time of year.

Only two recipes this week. I made a few things that were just terrible, and I am still tinkering with Homemade Pizza dough and Homemade Granola Bars. Hopefully they will show up on the site soon.

But I am adding a link to a big article in the LA Times from this week’s Food Section that has great tips from eating from the Farmer’s Market. Also, I’m including below some tips on using and preserving herbs. You’ll be seeing lots of herb plants for sale now at the markets and grocery stores. Growing herbs in pots or in your garden is a great way to add fresh, low-cal flavor to foods, and even I can keep a basil plant alive long enough to make several batches of BASIL PESTO.

No comments:

Post a Comment